Thursday, January 21, 2010

The S Word

In our house whenever I mention the s word they all say, are you cooking it while holding their breaths. The word is spinach and I rarely cook it now.
My husband loves it cooked with a little vinegar and a little butter. I love it sauteed straight or with other veggies. But the reality is that because our kids love it raw I tend to follow their lead, which in this case is great. Anything raw retains so many more nutrients so I am happy to make spinach salads a lot!
And you can add so many different toppings to spinach. Sliced oranges, red onion, toasted almonds and if you want top with grilled chicken or prawns.
Or you can always go the good old bacon and egg topping.
Any way you do it, it can be a meal or a great side!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment