Friday, February 25, 2011

Tuna Casserole

Our town was actually hit with a snow storm this week. I think we saw 25 cm fall with temperatures well below freezing. Big news for a town that is not used to it. Best part was a snow day full of tea, popcorn and brownies!
And another first was an attempt to make tuna casserole. An updated 2011 version. My husband really does love everything I make, he is my biggest fan. So he was delighted with this plan for dinner. I was not so sure but wanted to try another recipe from a new book I was given for Christmas.
Ok, are you ready? Tuna Casserole with Quinoa. Sounded promising. Basically you use quinoa instead of noodles. It was fine. Two of us liked it, one thought it was fine and two not so much. Not enough flavour which could be tweaked, but definitely easy and can be made and popped in the oven when you are ready, also a good thing. Overall a great new/old idea and that is always fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment