Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Tomato Sauce

Our grocery store offers "case lot" sales and most of which I do not even look at. But the other day they had cases of tomatoes on the vine that looked lovely, smelled divine and were priced well. So, I bought one. So, tonight I am going to make a huge batch of tomato sauce...can always find a use for tomato sauce.
I am going to chop two onions and saute them in olive oil with four cloves of garlic for at least thirty minutes. They will be really soft and fragrant. To that I will add my tomatoes, there are probably two dozen small tomatoes that I will quarter. This will cook for another thirty minutes. It will reduce and become quite thick...add a little salt and pepper and use it or pour it in to a jar and keep it in the fridge or freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment