Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Mac and Cheese

Every so often you just have to make it. First of all, it is a pretty reliable dinner. Most of us like it. You should always double the recipe because this is definitely one of those meals that is easy to double. And my oh my it is a treat to find the second one in the freezer on a night when you really need it. It can be as healthy as you want it to be. I use whole wheat pasta pretty faithfully now, so even though it is still pasta I do have the satisfaction of knowing it is a little better for us. And I always use old cheddar because frankly it just tastes a lot better. As far as milk or cream goes, I use milk and a little butter and dijon mustard to make the sauce and then add the cheese. Make a green salad and you are ready.

1 comment:

  1. I still remember your delicious mac & cheese from the first time Doug & I babysat for you. (Nicholas was four!) It was soooo yummy. Must be the Dijon...

    ReplyDelete