Wednesday, July 7, 2010

No sooner....

Do I say that it hasn't felt like summer yet and boom, it has hit us now too. There is a heat wave right across the country and on one hand it is heavenly to feel the warmth of July and the sun shining in a clear blue sky. It would be so easy to say that on the other hand it is just too damn hot. But no, I am not going to say that. I am going to embrace the weather and hope that all of the sweating might just melt away a few totally unnecessary pounds!!!
The last thing any of us want to do when the kitchen is over thirty degrees is turn on the oven...So I made my version of the rebar salad which includes greens, grated carrots and grated beets, chopped cuc's and tomatoes, sprouts, chick peas and feta. Heaven I tell ya...I did have some candied salmon and hummous and pita to go with, cold and easy. Not a traditional dinner in the least, but good and filling and not bad for you...until of course the Drumsticks came out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment